The Hazy Library believes that because the university environment encourages free exploration of ideas in the pursuit of knowledge and truth, the Library will make available materials that represent a broad range of ideas in the Library collections, artwork, exhibits, displays, or notices on bulletin boards.
- The Library supports the principles documented in the Library Bill of Rights, The Freedom to Read Statement, and the Freedom to View Statement, each of which is endorsed by the American Library Association.
- The Library does not endorse the viewpoints or beliefs of topics contained in library books, magazines, exhibits, and notices on bulletin boards.
- Since ERAU is a private university, only current ERAU students, faculty, and staff can formally object to materials and content.
- All formal challenges to Library materials must be made in writing using a physical copy of the Request For Reconsideration of Library Materials form and submitted to the Library Director. Forms are available at the Checkout Desk and the Director’s office.
- The Library Director will adjudicate the request and convene a Reconsideration Committee made up of 7 members.
- Contact information: Sarah Thomas, Hazy Library Director, 928-777-3812, Building 43, Room 206.