Featured Hazy Resources
- Featured Books for February: Black History Month
- New College of Security & Intelligence Books
- Overdrive: Access thousands of fiction and non-fiction audiobooks, eBooks, and magazines.
- Statista: Over 1 million industry statistics covering 80,000 topics.
- Mystery Month: Mystery books and movies available at Hazy Library.
- Featured Books for November
- New GSIS Books for November
- Cybersecurity Month: Hazy Library has over 100 research databases and tools in the area of cybersecurity.
Your Research Librarians are Online!
On our Ask a Librarian page, click the icon underneath “Chat With a Librarian” to start a live chat with a research librarian. If we aren’t online, use the contact form to send us an email, or make an appointment for an online research consultation using our online booking system!
Dai Ibrahim works in the Hazy Library as one of our many student employees. Among her many talents, Dai created a virtual tour of the Hazy Library & Learning Center using 3Dvista Software.
Dai has an impressive resume to include her internship at Boeing over the summer of 2019 and again this summer 2020. Dai will be graduating in 2021 with a double-major, Software Engineering and Simulation Science Games and Animation.
10 Ways You Can Still Get What You Need from Hazy Library
We’ve got you virtually covered 24/7 from research and citations to wellness and beyond.
- Your research librarians are online! On our Ask a Librarian page, click the icon underneath “Chat With a Librarian” to start a live chat with a research librarian. If we aren’t online, use the contact form to send us an email, or make an appointment for an online research consultation using our online booking system!
- Suffering from decision fatigue? Our research guides help narrow down your options, whether you’re looking for an academic article on safety science or guidance on writing a literature review. Our librarians maintain guides on specific subjects, courses, general research help, and more. Browse guides through the Research & Course Guides tab in the main search box on the library home page, then search by keyword or browse all.
- Stuck on citations? Get a RefWorks account! With a few clicks, you’ll be able to create and edit citations easily. Check out our RefWorks research guide to get started. Or, see our citation guide for help doing citations manually.
- Need a break from research? We also have audiobooks and eBooks perfect for relaxing reads. Download the Libby app and get started here. Find your beach read and let your mind escape for a bit.
- When you aren’t taking that much-needed information break, take advantage of your full online access to The New York Times. Go here and use your ERAU email to set up your account. Balance your daily news intake with sections like Cooking, Modern Love, Games, and Podcasts.
- Search internally! Try out what’s available in Scholarly Commons, our institutional digital repository for academic work by ERAU faculty, students and staff. A student recently struck research gold using this resource to find information about low cost airlines!
- Do not pay for articles. We can get what you need with Interlibrary Loan! If you find the perfect article or book chapter but can’t access it through our databases, just fill out this request form and our Interlibrary Loan specialist Leanne Harworth will use her magic and email you a copy directly.
- Along with full-text scholarly articles, thousands of eBooks are accessible 24/7. Use tools like “search within this book” to find keywords or phrases that relate to your research topic. Browse our eBook collections here (we recommend eBook Central).
- Learn a new language! Access Mango Languages from our databases page and sign up for free. Download the app to learn over 60 languages, including English, on the go!
- This isn’t just about academics. If your life or work feels upended, check out this Home and Wellness Resources Guide. New resources are added as our librarians discover them, including live stream and recorded work-out videos, virtual tours, cooking tutorials, activities for parents with school-aged kids, and community support.
We are here to support you in whatever you need, wherever you are, all year round.
Hazy Library and Learning Center
We've made changes in the library to ensure the health and safety of you and our staff.
- You can clean your workspace to keep yourself and others healthy.
- Disinfecting supplies are in every study room, by computers, at the top of the stairs, and by the first floor printing alcove.
- Plexiglas guards are installed at every service desk
- Librarian assistance is available through the virtual Ask a Librarian appointments, chat, or email Monday through Thursday.
- We are not accepting book donations.
Hazy Library Summer Renovation
The first floor of the library will be closed for most of the summer to bring you some exciting changes.
The bookshelves as you’ve known them are changing to movable shelving. This will open up additional floorspace for more seating and possibly more computers in the long term.
While the renovation is going on, please tell us what books you need, and we will retrieve them for you and bring them to the checkout desk.
All of the carpeting on the first floor is being replaced. This means we’ve had to remove all the computers and seating from everywhere. Don’t worry. It will all be back in place by fall.
The second floor will be open throughout the renovation. You’ll find that we’ve increased the seating at every table and that the study rooms are back to their normal capacity.
We’ll be bringing back some of tech items for checkout as well that you may have been missing. Yes, phone chargers, charging blocks, and headphones will soon be available at the help desk again.
While things may be noisy at times, the library is open, and we look forward to seeing you.