Hazy Library’s Social Media Purpose:
- Facilitate access to information resources and strengthen the research process.
- Assist students in identifying sources of information to complete assignments or to further their search for knowledge discovery.
- Be used for education and marketing of Library services and resources.
- Engage the academic community in conservation.
- Content on Library social media sites will support the intended purpose for education and marketing of Library services and resources.
- Content on Library social media sites will follow the guidelines set forth in the Computer/Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
- Comments totally unrelated to the purpose of the forum.
- Obscene, racist or similarly objectionable content.
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language.
- Potentially libelous statements.
- Plagiarized, commercial or copyrighted material. Source must have attribution.
- Private, personal information published without consent.
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion.
- Commercial promotions, ads, or spam. No endorsement of products.
- Photos, video or other media that fall in any of the above categories.
- Anonymous posts or masquerading.
- All content on the social web sites will be monitored by the administrators on a daily basis. Questions will be answered within 2 business days.
- If Unacceptable Use occurs, the administrators will point out the purpose of the forum and ask for civility.
Administrators will notify the person who posted unacceptable material about the purpose of the forum and ask for civility.
- Administrators may remove unacceptable content and contact the person who posted the reason for the deletion and invite the user to post other material that comply with the Library guidelines.
- Administrators will respond as quickly as possible to questions, criticism and inaccurate information, however, such posts should not be deleted unless clearly offensive.
The Hazy Library and Learning Center reserves the right to:
- Edit submissions for space or content while retaining the initial intent of the posting.
- Reproduce comments, posts, and messages in other public venues. Identifying information will be limited to a first name or other appropriate user name, unless the user grants prior approval for further identification.
- Change the Social Media policy at any time.
- By participating in the Library social media, the user agrees that neither the Hazy Library and Learning Center nor ERAU will be held responsible or liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any damage of any kind incurred through the use of or related to any posted content.
- Content posted on the various social networks does not necessarily reflect the views of the Library or ERAU. Users must agree to comply with the policies of any third party platforms which host the Library’s social media.