Overdue Fine and Replacement Charge
- When an item is not returned on time, the borrower will be charged an overdue fine.
- When the item reaches the maximum fine, the borrower will be charged:
- $5 processing fee
- The maximum overdue fine (See chart below)
- The cost of replacing the item using current market value
Overdue Fine Charges
|Material Type||Fine Rate||Business Days Before
Replacement Cost Charged**
|Maximum Overdue Fine|
|Books, CDs, or DVDs||$0.25/day||28 days||$14|
|Equipment and Athletic Laptops||$2.50/day||10 days||$25|
|Student Laptops||$1.00/hour||1 day (24 hrs)||$24|
|Recalled Items||$3.00/day||3 days after recall||$9|
|InterLibrary Loan||$3.00/day||5 days||$15|
|Yavapai Library Network||Varies||Determined by the participating library.|
Payments and Credits
- Fines are due and payable in cash at the Check-out Desk.
- Overdue fines cannot be credited. Replacement charges may be credited when items are returned in acceptable condition as determined by the Access Services Supervisor or Librarian.